- Join us on April 20 for our 2013 Earth Day & California Native Plant Week Saturday session!
- Learn about EWW's history & successes on a special May 19 hike, Helping Hands For Healthy Lands
- Friday morning outings run year round
- 2013 Wednesday evening outings run through October 30
- 2013 Saturday morning outings are 3rd Saturday of the month through July, plus National Public Lands Day in September
- Get all the latest EWW info... subscribe to our EWW email contact list!
Important Notes Regarding Our Program
- Don't do this on your own! Plant removal & going off trail require a permit (and only CNPS has one).
- Teens are welcome, but must each be accompanied by one of their own parents; unaccompanied adult students must have proof of age.
- Large groups are welcome, but should call ahead to make special arrangements.
- Volunteers need to have a "Hold Harmless" form on file with the park; new volunteers should fill out a form and give it to the outing leader.
- Sturdy gloves are recommended; see "What's In An Outing" below for more tips on what to bring/wear.
- You can stay up to date on all the latest EWW info by subscribing to our EWW email contact list.
Recent Website Updates
- March '13: Posted 2013 schedules
- March '13: Updated/corrected subscribe & unsubscribe instructions on Email contact list page
- March '13: Updated example posters and other materials on Program Planning & Strategy page
What We Do & Why
- Program Introduction - A brief overview of Edgewood's Habitat Restoration program
- Program History - How the Habitat Restoration program started and evolved
- Strategy & Target Weed Species - What plants we try to eliminate, and how we attack them
How to Get Involved
- When We Work - Schedule information for our work outings
- What's In An Outing - A brief outing description, including what to wear & bring
- Where We Meet & Work - Park directions, maps, etc
- Health & Safety Issues - Info on poison oak, snakes, etc
- Be sure to read the "Important Notes..." section at the top of this page
- Program Planning & Strategy - Notes on planning and improving the Habitat Restoration program
- Edgewood Plant Database - An evolving pictorial database of plants found at Edgewood
- Habitat Restoration Statistics - Data from past Weed Warrior efforts
Contacts & Links
Whom to contact for more information (replace (at) with @ in email addresses):
- Drew Shell, shell(at)corp.webtv.net (EWW Program Chair; Wednesday/Saturday outing info)
- Paul Heiple, 650-854-7125, pheiple(at)gmail.com (Friday leader; general info)
- John Allen, jcakwa(at)comcast.net (Friday outing info)
- Park Ranger John Trewin, 650-368-6283, JTrewin(at)co.sanmateo.ca.us
- Related Links: